Sunday 12 April 2009

One for Bernie Krausse, Fantails in the house


In the indigenous cosmology (read: local Maori legends..) Fantails inside the house herald messages from the Ancestors. Fantails are extremely aerobatic and catch minute insects on the wing, mosquitos, fruit flies, midges etc. and in the bush fly close around people to everyones delight and chirp away gaily but they are not being friendly it's just that the stink of human beings attracts tiny insects and the fantails come round for a feed! The message from the Ancestors they are bringing me is, I believe, John there are tiny flying insects in your house! The Fantails have been coming in the house since I tore up the floors in a couple of rooms of the house to replace piles etc. and took down the ceilings and parts of walls that were stuffed and I guess removing all the crap released the smell of decaying wood and attracted insects. The demolition is over now and I am rebuilding what was removed. A busy time. The first thing I did when I bought this house 5 years ago was plant native and Australian plants that birds love and this is now paying off

No comments:

Post a Comment